With the night’s drawing in, it is more important than ever that your home becomes a haven away from the freezing winter temperatures. Your bathroom has the potential to be a place of solace where you can relax in a warm, cosy environment. By making a couple of simple changes, such as customising your bathroom tiles or changing fixtures and fittings, your bathroom can become the place that allows you to escape it all every day.
Plan, Plan and Plan Some More
It is all about the three ‘P’s: plan, prepare and then plan again. Before beginning any changes, it is important to check for existing faults; after all it would be a massive hassle to complete your spotless, cutting-edge bathroom only to have to alter it all over again. Once you have rectified any issues you can then begin to stamp your personality on the space, whether it is through revamped bathroom tiles or a new bath mat. Why not try completely clearing out the bathroom, so you can see the space available and plan how it can best meet your wants and needs. Then you can get going and decide what you want to do! Make sure your budget and wish list match up however as you do not want to be disappointed by planning a huge renovation only to find your budget simply cannot cover it. Decide what you want to spend and then shop around as much as possible. Comparing prices across a range of stores and on the internet can be a good way to check you are getting the best deal for your hard earned cash and are not being ripped off.
Quick (and Some Not So Quick) Fixes
Now we have gone through the preliminary details, it is time to talk shopping! There are several ways you can improve your bathroom, ranging from varying the bathroom tiles to whole new heating systems:
- Simply having a good spring clean, albeit in winter, can hugely improve the look and feel of your bathroom. For example, replacing the sealant between the bath and the bathroom tiles is cheap and easy to do, creating a fresh look. If you are on a tight budget, do not underestimate the effect re-grouting can have.
- To really combat the winter temperatures, why not try a heated towel rail or even under floor heating to keep your feet nice and toasty warm.
- State-of-the-art radiators which fight the cold can also make a statement, with a variety of shapes and sizes available.
- A feature wall with different coloured bathroom tiles or wallpaper can create a vibrant and exciting focal point.
- Bathroom tiles behind the sink can also be decorative. Bathroom tile stickers and paints can be used as a cheap and easy alternative to create an exciting, contemporary look. You can use your imagination to create patchwork or paisley effects, or go bold and use contrasting colours.
- Embrace the winter theme with a decorative shower curtain. When summer comes back around this can always be changed again to suit the season.
- An ostentatious bath mat, shiny door handles, or fresh towels can make a statement without a lot of effort. What’s to lose by adding a splash of colour and some decorative handles, with some sumptuous, fluffy towels for your own benefit?
- Decant shampoos, conditioners and other lotions and potions into matching containers. These be used to reflect the current season; you could even try utilising red and green containers during the festive season.
Suits You, Sir
If you really want to make a statement, there are several ways of customising your bathroom to meet your needs and reflect your style. There are all sorts of accessories and gadgets which can enable you to lounge in the bath listening to some music; some people even go so far as installing a television in the bathroom. Accessories allow your personality to stand out, with shower curtains, blinds and bathroom tiles all testaments to the colours and trends you enjoy. Mottos and stencils can be painted onto bathroom tiles and walls, really making your bathroom unique. Why not splash out on a power shower, or even do a Simon Cowell and have your own personalised toilet roll. After all, you’re going to be spending a lot of time in your bathroom warming up, so it needs to suit you down to the ground. Bathrooms should not just be a room with a bath, but a place to escape. Customising the room to your own likes and dislikes may just be the way to achieve this.
Your bathroom is where you start and end every day, so make it look and feel extra special. Some original bathroom tiles or a stylish radiator can set you on the right track to achieving this and help you start the new season with a chic look.