Color creates a big difference in the home. It sets the tone and the mood of the environment. The choice of colors can express personality, feelings and character. This is true even in the choice of color in clothing and other things. This is why people should never choose the wrong colors.
Colors are at their best when they are combined. However, they should not be combined with just any color. Homeowners should at least have a little background related to basic color coordination and relationships. Not all colors appear great when mixed and matched with others.
Homeowners should consider colors when it comes to kitchen, bedroom or bathroom remodeling. Homeowners should ensure that they don’t only make their homes look great. They should also feel great. Perfect color combinations are not only achieved by painting walls and cabinets. The colors of the curtains, tiles for floors or countertops, wall frames and other accessories also play a role.
Advantages of Color Coordination in the Kitchen
• It sets the mood.
Many studies have proven that colors can set a mood. The kitchen is the place where people prepare their meals. The right color combination can set a good mood. With this, they tend to cook enthusiastically, and they are able to come up with delicious meals.
Studies say that soft yellow has the power to make a person feel happy. In addition, using bright yellow to accentuate the kitchen can attract people to go into it and stay there. This means that people who do the kitchen chores will enjoy their work rather than getting stressed. Shades of yellow can be used on countertops or kitchen cabinets.
Moreover, some studies have proven that red can increase a person’s appetite. It is not necessary to have the entire kitchen painted red. Color combinations that include red in the kitchen stimulate cravings. With this, people eating in the area will tend to eat more.
• It makes small kitchens look bigger.
Homeowners who want their small kitchen to appear bigger should use light colored paint. They should also use curtains with colors that are lighter than their walls. Dark cabinets can make the space look smaller. Painting them with white can make kitchens and rooms look larger. Colors can create the illusion of a wider space. This makes the kitchen look more comfortable.
• Reduces the need for costly kitchen decor.
Kitchen wall decor adds to the beauty of the area. However, it can be costly. Homeowners can eliminate the need to purchase this decor if they have a perfect color combination in the kitchen. Color coordination in curtains, cabinets, doors, countertops and floors is sufficient enough to create a luxurious look in the kitchen. With this, Homeowners do not have to spend much money for additional decor.
• It makes the kitchen appear clean.
Using the right color combination in the kitchen makes it look clean. This is a very important factor to consider when choosing the color. The kitchen should always look and feel clean as this is where every meal is prepared. The health of the family lies in the safety of the food they eat. Dark colored kitchens can conceal dirt. With this, homeowners may find it hard to determine whether it needs to be cleaned.
Important Points To Consider When Choosing the Right Kitchen Color Coordination
• Homeowners who opt for kitchen, bedroom and bathroom remodeling should carefully plan the mood they want their kitchen to have. They should do research on the right color combinations if they want a livelier, warmer or calm kitchen. They should know the specific mood they want to set in the kitchen.
• There are many color combination options available for kitchens today. This includes the colors of kitchen cabinets Chicago, curtains, floor tiles and countertops. It can be very difficult to choose among them. Experts suggest that homeowner’s pick the top five colors they like in order to narrow down their choices. They can seek help from professionals to combine these colors. Otherwise, they can get samples of each color and see which color combination suits their kitchen best.
• Testing color samples on the wall can be a great way to ensure that homeowners choose the right color coordination for the kitchen. In fact, there are some people who prefer painting a small portion of their wall. Doing so will help them determine if the color is right for their appliances and the color of fixtures and furniture. Another option is to use plain white cardboard. It should be painted with the sample colors and cut out. Then, owners should compare it to the existing fixtures in the kitchen with and without direct light.
• The best tool to use for determining the correct color combination is the color wheel. This device can help homeowners identify color relationships easily. Home remodeling designers combine the color from the wheel with the color next to it. They can find the opposite colors by simply looking at the color across the wheel.
John Grant writes for several home improvement and home design sites. He is also now traveling Asia for further inspiration.